Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: August 29, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Fire forces residents to flee building



BUTLER TWP — An electrical fire at the Park Manor Apartments early this morning forced residents to leave the building for a while.
Firefighters responded to a report about 1 a.m. of smoke coming from an electrical box on the west side of the senior complex on Park Manor.
They found flames about three feet high coming from the box, according to township police.
Residents of the complex had to be temporarily evacuated from their apartments because of the fire.
Butler Fire District 3 was in charge of the fire, while Mercer Road and South Butler fire departments assisted.
Township police and Butler EMS also responded.
Firefighters were on scene for about two hours.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow Firefighters find smoke source at Mars High School
arrow 2 meetings to air school consolidation plans
arrow Budzilek out, Pettigrew back in at Mars schools
arrow Wolf reports $1.3M, Corbett $200,000 in 2013 income
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Fire damages, closes Trader Horn on Rt. 422
arrow Small Social Security benefit hike expected
arrow POLICE REPORTS
arrow Kelly touts local roots