Marketplace   Menu Guide   Complete Pages      
butler eagle
Site last updated: Monday, September 15, 2014 Bookmark our site!
Local PennsylvaniaNationalInternationalNews Extras  
Published: December 17, 2013 print this article Print save this article Save email this article Email ENLARGE TEXT increase font decrease font

Lancaster Township family homeless after fire destroys mobile home



LANCASTER TWP — Flames quickly tore through a family’s mobile home Tuesday night, leaving little more than burned remains of the double-wide trailer in the 300 block of East Lancaster Road.
Investigators suspect a wood-burning stove may be to blame for the accidental fire that ignited shortly before 6 p.m. One person was home but managed to get out safely.
“It’s a total loss,” said Chief Neal Nanna of the Harmony Volunteer Fire Company.
The Brown family — a father and his two adult children — lived at the home that included several additions around the outside of the structure.
They had no insurance, authorities said.
Firefighters from eight departments in three counties helped to save a workshop in a separate building just several feet from the mobile home.
Crews were called after the elder Brown apparently noticed the smoke and fled the home.
“There was heavy smoke coming out of the building and fire in the roof,” Nanna said.
Nanna said it appeared some kind of problem with the wood burner in the middle of the home started the fire.
Damage was estimated at $35,000 to the structure and another $5,000 to the contents. The family is staying with relatives nearby.





Back
Comments
Order Photos!
 
MORE NEWS HEADLINES
arrow tomorrow's headlines
arrow Pilot lands plane without wheels
arrow Car, KC school bus collide on Route 268
arrow Study: Tainted water comes from leaky wells, not fracking
 
MOST READ ARTICLES
arrow Karns City grad dies days after ATV accident
arrow New intersection in Jackson Twp could lead to more jobs
arrow Judges want defendants to dress better in court
arrow A fast food wage